It all started in 1957…
Poynter’s Business Solutions traces its history back to 1957 when Best Office Machines was founded by Harold Porter in Marietta, Ohio. It subsequently moved to 616 Main Street in Belpre, Ohio.
1990 – John Dollison purchases Poynter’s from founder Robert C. Poynter
P.O.P. Inc., dba Poynter’s Business Products was started in 1983 as an office equipment sales and service organization on Green Street in Marietta, Ohio. Company founder and namesake Robert C. Poynter then moved the company to 276 Front Street in Marietta, Ohio. In 1990, Mr. Poynter sold the business to John Dollison and Poynter’s continued to grow at a steady rate.
In 1994, the opportunity to purchase Best Office Machines became available. Mr. Dollison and Mr. Poynter joined forces to purchase the competitive company which sold Sharp copiers and fax equipment.
After four years of operating the two companies separately, the company moved to its current location on State Route 7 South in Marietta, Ohio.
On April 1, 1998, Nosillod, Inc. dba Best Office Machines was dissolved and merged with P.O.P. Inc. At that time, Mr. Dollison purchased Mr. Poynter’s stock. The dba name was changed to Poynter’s Best Products and a new logo was introduced at that time.
2019 – Company changes name to Poynter’s Business Solutions
In 2019, the company once again changed its name to better reflect its business model.
President John Dollison noted, “Our new name, Poynter’s Business Solutions, better defines who we are and how we serve our customers. We are truly a total business solutions provider. The equipment we sell is simply a means to an end. Our goal is to improve the workflow of our customer’s business and increase their productivity and efficiencies.”